Capitol High School Reopening Plan
When the 2019-2020 academic year began, no school district could have predicted the difficult decisions and challenges in providing ongoing education that we currently face. While we are excited to resume teaching and learning on our campus, a top priority is the health and safety of all our students and staff, and how we are preparing our building for strong reopening.
The Louisiana Department of Education (LDOE) released the 2020 Strong Start School Reopening Guidelines. We have reviewed this guidance, as well as the input received through stakeholder survey data. Working within these guidelines, we have established multiple options for families that will allow us to balance their needs, academics, and most importantly, the safety of our entire school community.
Additionally, this summer we have been hard at work to ensure our facility and staff are prepared to accept children. The following steps have either been completed or are underway:
• Deep cleanings of the school building and grounds to ensure every classroom, hallway, restroom, office, and all other spaces are regularly sanitized.
• Vent cleaning across all campuses.
• Staff training on the most effective safety protocols and operating procedures in alignment with Department of Health and CDC guidance.
• Procurement of supplies of including hand sanitizer, sanitizer stations, tissues, disinfectants, masks, face shields and more that we will need for in-person operations.
• Laying out new plans to reposition desks, switch out furniture, reorganize classrooms and modify workspaces to maximize social distancing and reduce contamination.
We will continue to monitor the ebb and flow of the pandemic while adhering to national, state and local guidance. We will also continue to share clear and frequent communications regarding our school’s reopening and ongoing safety preparedness.
To ensure our school community is well prepared for the year, we have developed a robust re-opening plan. This plan will detail how we will handle school openings this year.